Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Fresh Raspberry Vinigrete

INGREDIENTS
1 (16 ounce) bottle white wine vinegar
1 cup fresh raspberries
White sugar to taste

Directions:
Rinse,drain and dry the raspberries and pour about half or three quarters the way up,into a large glass bottle. Pour in the vinegar, tightly cover the container, and let sit in a cool dark place for two weeks before using.

I was pleasantly surprised at the raspberry scent from this,
it was predominant even over the vinegar odor.
I used this in a raspberry chicken recipe (it worked very well).
Not sure if I shouldn't have added a bit of sugar w/ the raspberry,
only time will tell. By the way, be sure & pick a container that allows for easy removal of the raspberries. I put mine in a mason jars, allow to set for 2 weeks, remove the raspberries add sugar if desired & then pour the vinegar into a more decorative container. I made this sauce and never used it.

No comments: