Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Poached Pears

You've Got to try this. I mean it.
This is Four star food...
O.K. I'll even say five star...
Poached pears...Are you listening?

You Must Do This At Least Once...
Real easy and really good.

What ya do...

I took a few pears,
Removed the stem and somewhat peeled them.

"Now I don't even own a vegetable peeler,
I use an 8" chefs knife for everything".

Cut in half and removed the core.
Placed in a microwaveable container.
Added some cranberry juice
about 1/4 the way up the pears.
Put some brown suger and a little cinnamonamon.

Covered and nuked at half power for about 20 minutes.

"Interestingly the plastic cover kind of
inverted itself into the container".

Served warm with a scoop of premium ice cream.
This was really really good.

The perfect ending to any meal.

The ice cream was Ben&Jerry's
Pistachio ...

No comments: