Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fresh Plouts, Peaches
and Bosc Pears Salad

I had some fresh Peaches left over from the other day
sitting in a container in the refrigerator,

I had a fresh Cantaloupe sitting on the kitchen island
getting all nice and mouldy from all this humidity.

I had a half pint of freshly picked Blueberries.
Justa crying at me to make muffins with them.

I went on line just to see if there might be
something that could use these ingredients.
Low and behold by golly there was a recipe for
Cantaloupe Peach Soup using fresh Blueberries.

I was on my way to uncharted territory again.
Peeled the Cantaloupe and seeded it.
Cut it up into pieces and added the Peaches.

I got out my trusty boat motor immersion blender
And went off to the races,round and round.
Whirling and blending at lightning fast speeds.

I added some Orange Juice to thin it up a bit.
And tried to pour it from my big round mixing bowl
into a plastic container to put it in the refrigerator.

I cleaned up the mess on the counter and floor.
Tasted like it would be a hit for dinner.
Threw it in the ice box until time to eat.

I only wanted a little at dinner,about a cupful.
It was nice, a refreshing cool drink on a hot day.
Garnished with the Blueberries it looked great.
Only thing was it's very very filling.

I got to the point where my stomach said
Enough with the fruity fiber already.
It could have been thinned down a bit more with O.J.

I wrote this recipe down to do again.
Only this time with fresh figs and Plouts.
A Plout is a cross between a Plum and an Apricot.

No comments: