Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Veggie Sauce

What to do with plain old veggies?
I had a frozen bag of green beans from last years garden.
Nuked them to thaw them out and they looked kind of limpy.
So I made up this sauce to make them eatable.

Two tablespoons unsalted butter, melted.
One tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
One tablespoon spicy prepared mustard
Salt & pepper to taste

Mix together and pour over cooked veggies.
This sauce made a dull veggie a winner!

Maybe because I like honey and mustard,
but...try this sauce on anything.
It's a good base sauce and can be
spiced up with hot peppers or cumin.

Today I picked some fresh peas,
Took me an hour to shuck em,
(is that what it's called when ya
de pod the peas?)

Well I put this sauce on them and...
This sauce is the bomb on freshly
de podded peas!

No comments: