Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Honeyberry Ice Cream

Honeyberry bushes are amazingly hardy.
It's an edible honeysuckle berry that
originates from the colds of Siberia.
I planted a few bushes two years ago.
They are thriving and every time I walk
by them I can't help but pick a few and
pop them in my mouth. They are sweet
with a subtle tart finish to them.
But what can I make with them? Jelly? Jam?
How about homemade honeyberry ice cream.

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh honeyberries
1/2 cup sugar or to taste
1 pint heavy cream
1 cup light cream
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
The day before place ice cream machine bowl in freezer.
In a bowl combine honeyberries, sugar, salt and creams.
Place frozen ice cream maker bowl in machine, pour mixture
into bowl and turn on to churn for about 20 minutes or so.
Remove soft ice cream to a sealable container and place
into the freezer to harden up for 2 hours before serving.

No comments: