Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Best Recipe For Shrimp

I've got a 2 pound bag of frozen shrimp
sitting in the freezer calling for me
to make a dish using some of them.
I couldn't decide which shrimp recipe.
Scampi, chowder, salad or Po-Boy.
Until upon turning the pages of one of
my Grandmother's old cook books.
I found an old and yellowed index card
with this hand written shrimp recipe.
Try this one yourself and you will agree,
that this is the best recipe for shrimp.

Ingredients:
1 pound shrimp, cooked
1/4 cup pickled ginger
2 celery stalks, peeled and chopped
1 cup chopped red onion
1 teaspoon low salt soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder
1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
lettuce cups
sour cream

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl,
combine all ingredients.
Refrigerate to cool and then
serve in lettuce cups,
topped with sour cream.

No comments: