Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sauerkraut and Ziti Pasta

Sometimes good recipes happen by mistake.
I grew up in an Italian / German family.
My German Grandmother doing her thing,
And my Italian Nonna doing her thing.
At times their things would collide.
In this recipe they collided very well.
Italian pasta and German sauerkraut.
Hang on to your berkinstocks,
This recipe is a realy good one!
The next time I make this recipe
I think I'll bring in some shrimp.
Can you imagine the combination
of flavors of Sauerkraut and shrimp
along with the texture of ziti pasta?

I think I just drooled on my keyboard.

Ingredients:
1/2 pound dried ziti pasta
1 pound prepared sauerkraut
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
1/2 cup Italian dried breadcrumbs

Directions:
In a stock pot bring 6 cups water to a boil.
Add pasta and cook just until al dente.
Turn off heat.
Drain and put back in stock pot.
Add sauerkraaut with any juice.
Add butter, carroway seeds and breadcrumbs.
Stir, cover and place on turned off heat.
Let sit for about 15 minutes, stir and serve.

No comments: