Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Blueberry Pie

How long do you think it would take you
to make a Blueberry pie from scratch?
Now I'm talking fresh berries, no canned pie fill.

Well it took me two hours to put one all together
and into the "oven from hell", but that's another story.

Home made crusts sometimes comes out great
and other times not so great.
This time I got lucky and it worked out o.k.

So now I've got a kitchen covered with flour, again.
This happens to me every time I use flour
to make a pie or cake, even bread and fresh pasta.

There's an awful lot to clean up everywhere. Why?
Well you can't help but have your hands
covered with the stuff,then you need some water,
so the kitchen faucet handle is now icky.

Open the refrigerator door to get some butter,
that handle is all icky. Not only the handle
but the little butter door too.

Even after washing my hands a billion times,
the flour wins every time.
Now there's a mess of dishes bowls and flour over flour.


Oh and the pie? It came out perfect this time.

No comments: