Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Apple and Banana Oatmeal

Tonight my Dad asked for me to make him a baked apple for supper.
I thought he needed a little bit more than that for a meal so I
came up with this, microwaved oatmeal with apple and banana.
I sweetened it up with some butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.

Ingredients:
1 whole apple,cored and seeded
1 firm banana, peeled and sliced
4 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1-2 tablespoons milk
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Core and seed the apple, place brown sugar in apple,
top with butter,place in a glass dish and microwave
on high setting for two minutes.
In another bowl put oatmaeal and water, cook on high
fot two minutes. Add cinnamon,sugar and milk.
Place oatmeal around cooked apple.
Arrange banana slices in oatmeal around apple.
Top with more cinnamon sugar and serve.

No comments: