Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Red Snapper or Salmon
Baked in a Smoker Bag

I first heard of aluminum smoker bags a few years ago,
at the time I was living in an apartment and longed for the
taste of a smoked food made in my very own kitchen.
First food I tried to smoke in the bag was salmon.
It came out great, but I still had to open up all the windows.

Ingredients:
1 Red Snapper or Salmon steak or fillet
2 tablespoons butter
2 slices fresh lemon
1 teaspoon sweat smoked paprika
salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash and pat dry salmon.
Place salmon in a small glass baking dish.
Season with salt and pepper cover with butter,
and add the lemon slices on top.
Put baking dish in smoker bag and seal tightly.
Cook in oven not more than 20 minutes,
or until salmon just starts to turn opaque
and is flaking easily with a fork.

No comments: