Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bourbon Chicken

This is a great Recipe for bourbon chicken.
I feel that I have finally found a cure for
my chinese craving that I can make at home!
I serve this on a bed of fresh lettuce.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cut up
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup bourbon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 scallion, chopped
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons peanut oil

Directions:
Coarsely chop the scallion and mix all ingredients
but the chicken and peanut oil together in a bowl
and whisk until well blended. set aside.
Dice chicken into bite sized pieces
and sauté in very hot pan or WOK with
the peanut oil until lightly browned on the outside.
Add liquid mixture to the chicken and reduce heat to medium.
Cook this un-covered until liquid is reduced
to a glaze on the chicken bites and chicken is fully cooked.

No comments: