Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Grilled Pizza 101

Today I made a pizza on my gas grill.
Yup, there's a first time for everything.
If your a fellow foodie you have to do this.
I had a fresh pineapple sitting on the counter
but this time I resisted in making a ham and...
It takes some planning to grill pizza because
you have to have all of the toppings ready to go.

You need a smoking hot sun infrared type of a grill.
I have to admit that after grilling this pizza,
I sat down for a few minutes with a cold beer.

Ingredients:
1 pound pizza dough
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup tomato sauce
2 slices of green bell pepper, chopped
2 slices of deli pepperoni, cut up
2 slices of deli olive loaf, cut up
2 slices of onion, peeled and diced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano

Directions:
Preheat your grill to the highest heat possible.
roll out bread/pizza dough to desired shape/thickness.
Spread olive oil on entire rolled out pizza dough.
Have all of your pizza toppings at room temperature,
and ready to place on top of your grilled pizza dough.
Place the rolled out dough right on the grill grates.
(I had a little trouble keeping it together but it worked.
Let dough cook uncovered for about 3 minutes or so.
I used a metal spatula to turn the pizza dough over.
(Here's where the fun begins).
Spread the dough with tomato sauce and toppings.
Close the grill lid and let bake for 5 minutes or so.
remove the pizza and let it sit 15 minutes to slice it up.

No comments: