Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Burnt Pasta

Every once in awhile I loose control over the timing of cooking things.
Tonight I made what I thought to be a really good pasta sauce with sun dried tomatoes and a black olive garbanzo bean puree. Well nine minutes turned into fifeteen minutes talking with my Dad about his ah...bladder thing and the elbow mac was all burnt a nice golden color of skankyness. I just made blackened pasta !

As soon as I walked into the kitchen I knew it... thinking to myself
"I've smelled this before, this is not a good smell". I don't think you can get the bottom of a pot any blacker than this one is. Pouring cold water in it and trying to get all of the un blakened pasta out is just a total waste of time, they all taste like elementry school food. So what to do now?
I throw the burnt mess into the chicken dish and have myself a big old glass of Kenny Rogers and soda.
Or was that Charlie Rogers? Anyway I had a Jolly Roger!

No comments: