Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Gourmet Chicken Soup

I got the largest soup pot I could find. Then I placed six chicken thighs with skin on in pot. The other thighs from the package I froze. Put into the pot two chopped up celery stalks, two sliced organic carrots and one cut up onion. Seasoned with black pepper,garlic powder,Thyme and cilantro. Somewhere I read that a beef bullion cube adds something to the soup so in one went in place of any salt. I filled the pot a third full with water. Simmered it for two hours until the chicken and veggies were done. I strained the vegetables because I like a clearer broth. Put everything back in the pot and brought it back to a simmer. After a few more minutes I could easily remove the skins.The aroma of slow simmering chicken soup filled the entire house all day, and that was so much of a better smell than wet dog. Served over cooked white rice with freshly baked bisquits.
Oh and why is it titled "Gourmet Chicken Soup"? Because I made it that way!

No comments: