Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Roasted Tarragon Chicken

The first time I cooked with fresh Tarragon was...Today! I know, I know,
Your gasping at the thought! I shouldn't admit it,
seeing how I cook a lot and call myself Chef Rock.
But somehow I never really got into cooking with fresh herbs. But today with nudging from one of my brothers, I got some fresh Tarragon from the garden and made Roast Chicken. It came out great. Exceptionally great, easy to do and oh so good !
I lined a roasting pan with aluminium foil. ( I do this for easy clean up).
On the bottom put three celery stalks, one quartered onion and a red bell pepper.tarragon on top.Put the chicken in skin side up.Salt, pepper and garlic powder on the chicken. Drizzled some clover honey on the chicken. Placed two sprigs of fresh tarragon on top. Covered in a 350 degree oven for about an hour and a half.Took the cover off, checked the temp of the chicken with an instant read thermometer. Removed the tarragon leaves from the stems and kind of spread them around over the chicken.Placed the pan under the broiler for two or three minutes until the chicken browned up. This was one of the best chicken dishes I've ever had, fall off the bone and real tasty. There was about a quarter inch of chicken fat and water on the bottom of the pan which made the steaming effect of the chicken real juicy.The tarragon was surprisingly crunchy after being cooked.
With a white chardonnay wine and dessert was a slice of warm from the oven,
home made fresh blueberry pie, with Ben & Jerry's pistachio pistachio ice cream.
I give this dinner pairing ***** !

No comments: