Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Deep Fried Asperagus

Every once in a while I amaze myself
by coming up with a recipe that just
is so good,I mean really really good.
Today I made fresh asperagus fried
with a tempera batter coating.
It reminded me of deep fried shrimp
but it was amazingly good asperagus.

Ingredients:
fresh asperigus
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2/3 cup ice water
Oil for deep frying
seafood cocktail sauce

Directions:
Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg slightly
and mix with the ice water. Stir in the dry ingredients.
Stir only until mixed; mixture will be slightly lumpy.
Dip asperigus, into the batter
and deep fry until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.

No comments: