Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Spilled Chicken Soup

Wanting to make home made chicken soup.

I put a big pot on the stove
Went to my pantry and
got a can of chicken broth,
Opened it and put it in the pot.
Along with the trinity of veggies,
You know, carrot,celery and onion.

Then I threw in six chicken thighs.
Added some more water to just cover.
Seasoned to taste and
Let simmer for about two hours.

The chicken done,
I removed them from the pot.
Tasted the stock.

After it had cooled.
I carefully poured it into a freezer bag.
Sealed it up real good so I thought.
Sealed it up real good again.
Oh ... it was sealed alright.
I walked over to the refrigerator
Just inside the freezer compartment
the bag opened up.
I caught it from all pouring out.

Today I went to my pantry
and took a can of chicken broth.
Did all that cooking stuff and now.

I have about a can of chicken broth,
In this freezer bag from hell!

Is there a morel to this story?

I do have some cooked chicken here.
Hmmm.
Maby I'll make some chicken salad.
Or maby I'll just be a vegitarian.

No comments: