Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Deep Fried Onion Strings

When I first tasted these onion strings
I was in county fair onion ring heaven.
Wondering what was the secret ingredient?
These onions are so simple to prepare and
always get first place blue prize ribbons.
The secret is in the simple ingredients.
Sweet onions, flour and salt, thats it!
Deep fried in peanut oil to a light brown
to a crispy perfection then lightly salted.
I think I just drooled on my keyboard...

Ingredients:
Onions
Flour
peanut oil
salt

Directions:
In a deep fryer or kettle
preheat oil to 365 degrees F.
Peel, slice and cut onions into strings.
Toss onion strings in a bowl of flour.
Shake to remove excess flour from onions.
Place onion strings in hot oil to fry.
Remove when just browned, about 3 minutes
to a paper towel lined plate, salt to taste.

No comments: