Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Grilled Cheese BLT Sandwich

I couldn't decide which sandwich to make
so I made both into a gourmet treat.
A butter toasted grilled cheese with
bacon, letuce and tomato in the middle.
I use white bread but any bread will do.

Ingredients:
For each sandwich:
2 slices bread
1 tablespoon butter
2 slices American cheese
2 slices of red ripe tomato
2 pieces iceburg lettuce
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 slice cooked bacon

Directions: Heat a skillet on medium heat.
Butter one side of two slices of bread,
place one slice buttered side down in skillet.
Place on one slice of cheese on bread,
one slice of tomato, one lettuce leaf,
some mayonnaise, and cut up bacon.
Then another luttuce leaf, tomato, cheese
and top with the other slice of bread,
buttered side facing up in skillet.
Cover and cook until bread is browned,
use a spatula to flip the sandwich.
cover and brown the other slice of bread.
remove from skillet and cut in half.
I serve this with a crispy dill pickle.

1 comment:

kay said...

I just happened to make this sandwich last night! I used rosemary bread, Swiss cheese, and arugula instead of lettuce. I had never thought of adding cheese to a BLT, but it was fantastic!