Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Refrigerated Iced Box Cake

My Grandmother used to make this for my Brother
as a Special looking and tasting Birthday cake.
It's so easy to make with only four ingredients.
Though you have to plan ahead in buying the cookies,
whipping cream and allowing it to sit covered up
in the refrigerator over night to set up before serving.

Ingredients:
1 package chocolate wafer cookies
1 pint whipping cream
1/8 cup sugar or to taste
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Place a glass bowl and beaters in the freezer
to cool before whipping cream nice and fluffy.
Adding sugar and vanilla extract to taste.
Arrange chocolate wafers side by side on a plate.
Spread whipped cream over cookie wafers and
then layer with more wafers and cream creating a cake.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
The cream will make the the cookies soft and so good.
I think I just drooled on my keyboard !



No comments: