Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Steak Cooked on Cuisinart Griddler

I purchased an indoor grill to give me
the flexibility to grill in cold weather.
I've cooked sandwiches and melts
with good results and decided to
grill up a steak to see how it does.
A NY Strip out to room temp,
used the bottom and top panini grill
and overcooked the steak just a bit.
Now I'll know not to cook it so long.

Ingredients:
1 NY strip steak
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
Directions:
Bring steak to room temperature.
Preheat Cuisinart Griddle / Grill.
I did this on high searing heat.
Season steak and place on griddle.
Close top and cook for about two minutes.
Turn steak to change grill mark directions.
Close cover and cook for about two minutes.
Remove steak to rest for 6 minutes before serving.
This should make close to a medium rare steak.
I also cooked up some onions and mushrooms in a
saute pan with butter on the side to serve with this.


No comments: